Pages

Monday, April 30, 2018

Design Wall Monday - April 30, 2018

Today is the last day in April.  Last night was a beautiful full moon, and I saw it was called a Pink Moon.  According to the internet, called that from one of the first spring flowers, Wild Ground Phlox.  Phlox cover the ground like a pink blanket, and these lovely flowers are native to North America, and are often blooming during April's full moon.  I can imagine seeing a field of pink phlox in the moonlight.

Here's a picture of a pink doll quilt that I have on display on the design wall.  Not phlox, but will have to do as my celebration of a Pink Moon.



I'm working (playing) away on the triangles for the Jane Stickle quilt.  I have 12 more to go, and one corner kite.  It's exciting to be near the end.  Here's my progress this week:



and



and




What have you been working on?  Lot's of good ideas were out there last week, and I know you will amaze me again this week!  Thanks for linking up:

Please link back to this particular post somewhere within your post.  I appreciate it so much when you do.  Copy the web address at the top of this post as the web address to use for the link:

http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/2018/04/design-wall-monday-april-30-2018.html

Can't wait to see all the pretty design walls!




9 comments:

Julie in GA said...

Your Dear Jane blocks look great--can't wait to see them all together!

Kate said...

Those Dear Jane triangles are amazing! Congrats on being so close to a finish.

Anonymous said...

Great progress!!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

always love seeing progress on Dear Jane - what a quilt to make - but seeing them will not entice me to make another :)

Quilter Kathy said...

Such complex block for the Jane quilt! You are making great progress!

AnnieO said...

Those triangle blocks are so tricky! Good job choosing fabrics close to the original. I didn't see any pink phlox, but did enjoy the big moon :)

Judy D in WA said...

No moon viewing for us last night. Love your little quilt. And those triangles. OMG OMG. I love them so much.

Denise @fortheloveofgeese said...

Will the Dear Jane quilt be a mini or full sized quilt? Your kites are looking great regardles of finished size. Thank you for hosting the link party.

Sara said...

I had a lovely view of that Pink Moon last night as I drove the last hundred miles home from a road trip. It lit up the countryside.