Pages

Monday, February 19, 2018

Design Wall Monday - February 19, 2018

The Valentine Quilt is moving along.  Here it is on the design wall:










What needs to be done next is sew larger parts together, and I am doing it a little each day, as it isn't my favorite part of quilting - lots of pinning of seams involved.

So I took a break from seams and worked on the Lisa Bongean's "Triangle Gatherings" blocks.  I talked about this project (Here) and  (Here) .  It was free on her website for a while, but is now taken down, as she said she is going to do a book about them.  I have about 50 finished blocks, and I think she quit at 98.  Here is an example of one of the small blocks:



Each block is made of 16 half-square triangles, and each of the 98 blocks are different.  I am making them to finish at 4 inches by 4 inches.  I haven't decided on what kind of quilt I will make from them - just making the little blocks for now.  

It was a tragic week here in America, with the shooting at the school in Florida, and in times like these, quilting comforts my broken heart.   I am looking forward to seeing what you are working on, as it comforts me also to see your work.

As usual, my instructions are the same, please link back to this particular post somewhere within your blog post.  I appreciate it so much when you do.

When you set up the link, use this web address:

http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/2018/2/design-wall-monday-february-19-2018.html

What have you been working on?



11 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your heart quilt! now you have one ready and finished for Valentines day next year

Kate said...

Your Valentine's quilt is stunning! All that pinning would get old fast. Enjoy your new project. I didn't realize how small those HSTs were till you said the block finished at 4". Those are tiny!

Kristin said...

Your top is looking great! I don't enjoy those long seams either. Good lock!!

Podunk Pretties said...

Your Valentine quilt is amazing...it makes me want to run to my scraps and cut cut cut!

MaryC said...

Just curious - what size strips do you start with to make your HST's for the Triangle Gatherings? I hope to see more! :-)

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I am so in awe of how you get those points on triangles when you stitch them. The valentine quilt is a work of art!

Judy D in WA said...

Your heart quilt is more stunning with each step! I'm using the Triangle Gatherings as my new leader/ender. My blocks finish at 8" while I'm trying to use up a box of half square triangles.

Sara said...

Your Valentine quilt is turning out spectacular! Love the tiny block you are working on. I've gotten hooked on making small blocks lately myself.

Marti said...

Very impressive Valentine quilt. That looks like a LOT of work! I hear ya on the pinning seams. My next to the least favorite part of quilting.

Jennifer said...

Such a great quilt and so many pictures to enjoy on your design wall Monday - thanks for continuing to host!

Julie said...

Your pixelated Valentine is coming along nicely, but I understand the need to change projects. Keep it fresh, they say. I'm getting curious how you will quilt it. Any ideas?