Pages

Monday, February 12, 2018

Design Wall Monday - February 12, 2018

Valentine's Day is this week!  Here are a few of my valentine decorations that are out this month:  Two small heart pillows in my tiny pillow collection on top of a doll sized dresser, in the entry hall:




My small heart doll quilt made a few years ago:



It is hanging in the dining room, and I love changing out the little quilts each month on this wall.

The large postage stamp quilt is finished down to the lettering on the bottom, and I tweaked the pattern a bit this week.  Original graph paper design:



And the revised final version, which I worked on this week:



I had a goal of getting all the piecing finished by Valentine's Day, and I might still make it in two more days.  Here is my progress so far:



On the graph paper, I divided the wording into 18 sections, and sewing the squares together in one direction and then the other direction meant that I was dividing the project into 36 tasks.  I have 22 tasks completed, and 14 more to go.  For example, the "en" of Valentine is sewed together column to column, and has yet to be sewn row to row.  Hope this makes sense.  I took the top part off the design wall, as the incomplete part was getting too low to the ground to make it comfortable to work on.

I really enjoy seeing what you all are working on!  As usual, my instructions are the same, please link back to this particular post somewhere within your blog post.  It's the least you can do for me, and I appreciate you so much.

When you set up the link, use this web address:

http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/2018/02/design-wall-monday-february-12-2018.html

What is on your design wall? 



14 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely Valentine pieces--I especially love that button heart pillow--hugs, Julierose

Kate said...

You Valentine's quilt is lovely. Good luck on getting finished by Wednesday!

Qltbskt said...

Love your heart pillows! And your postage stamp quilt is stunning love the border.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Cute valentine decorations

Karen said...

I intended to do something new for Valentine's Day this year but have been sick. Just working on what is ready to stitch. There is always next year.

Julie said...

I came across a very old quilt with similar pixelated wording on it recently. She wrote her name and date down the side of the quilt, and it was spectacular. Yours will be too!

Jay said...

Oh, man! I love love love your small heart "woven" mini! So much fun.

Rebecca Grace said...

I really love the changes you made to that lettering section. It's even prettier now!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Your Valentine quilt is absolutely remarkable! I enjoy watching your progress and how those tiny little blocks become words with your magic stitching. Hope you have no obligations this week so you can make your goal of St. Valentine's Day! P.s. I need a design wall!

Quilter Kathy said...

Your Valentine quilt is amazing and you are making terrific progress!! Way to go!

Cathy said...

Your Valentine wall hanging is so cute! A great design by you!!!
Have a Happy Valentine Day!

Melva Nolan said...

The valentine quilt is intricate. Nice job! Thanks dor the link up opportunity.

Angie in SoCal said...

I like your valentines. Lovely postage quilt, too.

Charlotte said...

To me, it looks like a few squares are out of place in the letters: M and Y.

Charlotte