Pages

Monday, July 31, 2017

Design Wall Monday - July 31, 2017

It's the last day of July, and I am away from home most of the week.  I have redwork in the car, to work on while I travel.  The project is an 8 block x 8 block square quilt of redwork squares, with a flower/leaves border on all sides.  I'm at about 55 of the 64 blocks needed, and am working on the borders.  Here's a picture of the four borders in their present state on my design wall:




Here's a closeup, as the picture above is too far away:









A  rough calculation is that I need at least 10 flowers on each of the four 
borders, and progress is as follows:

Border #1   10 flowers
Border #2     8 flowers
Border #3     5 flowers
Border #4     2 flowers

One way to look at it is, I'm at 25 flowers, and only 15 to go.  I'm working on getting 2 more flowers on the second border, and then two borders will be at goal.  Later I will figure out how to make the design pleasing in the corners where the side designs meet.  As Miss Scarlett said, "I'll think about that tomorrow."

What are you working on this week?  I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures.  Please reference back to this blog post somewhere in your blog post, so people can go quickly back and forth between all the design walls.  Thanks!




7 comments:

Kate said...

Beautiful stitching! Travel safely.

Julie in GA said...

Such pretty embroidery! That is a very ambitious project.

Unknown said...

Such a pretty graceful design. Can't wait to see the finished project.

Quilter Kathy said...

This redwork is gorgeous! It will make a lovely border!

Suze said...

The embroidery is beautiful. Great work!

AnnieO said...

Very pretty redwork flower border. How do you keep your edges from fraying?

Rebecca Grace said...

Your redwork is beautiful!