Pages

Monday, July 10, 2017

Design Wall Monday - July 10, 2017

How to reward myself for doing a good deed?  Start a new doll quilt, of course.  I'm working on a snowball and nine patch doll quilt from a July challenge by a blogger friend at Huckleberry Stitches  (Here) .  It is going well, and a nice break from the Valentine quilt.




What was the good deed?  An adult child came to visit and brought  a "mending" task.  Her dog had chewed up the back of three pillows, and would I please fix the pillows.  I recited the adage "asking a quilter to do mending is like asking Picasso to paint your garage" but all the kids laughed because they know I will do anything for them.   AND, they laughed at the thought of me being compared to Picasso.  Humph!  So two quilting days were spent fixing the pillows.....I do love my kids and my grand dogs dearly.  Also, I did do a bang-up job on the repairs.







Work on the Valentine quilt while on vacation at the cabin has been a challenge.  The pieces for the next 10 x 10 block were laid out on a beach towel in preparation to sew, only to have to roll up the towel and store it away when more family came to visit.  Now the family has all gone back home, and the block is laid out again, ready to sew.  What's on your design wall?










4 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

You did do a bang up job on that pillow top repair and your latest quilt is coming along beautifully. Happy Monday Stitching!

AnnieO said...

I'm not fond of mending either,but do it for SPECIAL people of course! Like most quilters my age, I took Home Ec and sewed clothes and household items for years before taking up quilting. Nice new doll quilt!

Kate said...

Sewing while on vacation is challenging. Enjoy your stitching time this week. The pillow backs are indeed a job worthy of Picasso, though more to the minimalist side I think.

Preeti said...

I tend to reward myself with fabric :-D I also think that it is not sustainable. You are a Pillow Surgeon Extraordinaire!!!