Pages

Monday, October 7, 2013

First Weekend in October

On my design wall this Monday morning:


This is a little paper pieced doll quilt top that I'm going to work on this week, to add backing and quilt it.  The paper pieced little maple leaves are 2"x2".  I bought the instructions and the papers in Grand Rapids, Michigan last year.


I'm looking at Judy L's Design Wall Mondays (here) to see what others are working on this week. Lot's of pretty projects. 

Also, I'm working on some nine patches for a bed-sized quilt.  Here are the ones I finished this last week:



It's been such beautiful weather and there have been so many football games to watch, and baseball playoff games going on (Go Detroit Tigers!!) that my quilting time has not progressed very much.  The Tigers are back home in Detroit tonight, so I will be watching baseball, and finishing binding on a donation quilt later.

I will leave you with a picture of my "Third Weekend in October" quilt that I'm enjoying when I snuggle on the couch.  It looks like an intimidating pattern when you first pull the instructions out, but a friend and I each made one at the same time, and worked on small sections at a time.  How do you eat an elephant sort of thing.


Tomorrow, I'm joining two new-to-me quilt groups.  One meeting in the morning, and one in the afternoon.  I'd better go lie down and rest in preparation.  I'll post about them after the meetings.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Looks just like fall on your blog today. Fall colors are my favorite.

regan said...

LOVE that maple leaf mini you're doing! So small on the leaves, too! AWESOME!

sandi s said...

I love your quilts, they are so pretty! I love the colors too. Hugs,

Kindred Quilts said...

Wonderful mini maple leaf quilt... those are tiny blocks! Third Weekend in October is a beauty!
Have fun in the two new quilt groups... always fun to here what other groups are doing to stay busy!
I'm a Prince Fielder fan... go Detroit!!!

Nancy said...

I love your red and green blocks. They are gorgeous!