Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

50 Years of Marriage! WOW!! And I Love Him So Much!!!

We celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary Saturday, June 15th.  I am so much more in love with him now than I was back then.  It is Amazing!  God is so good to us!

Thought you'd like to see us as newlyweds, and of course, we still look the same now (LOL)  We feel the same love anyway, and that's what counts.

June 15, 1963:


The little repro of the vintage doll quilt I've been working on is almost finished.  I have the two side borders sewn on, and the top border pinned on the design wall, and am working on the hst's for the bottom border.  Here are pictures:


The bottom border in process:


We had a wonderful anniversary dinner with close friends Saturday night, and we will have another one in Michigan later this summer, with our children and grandchildren.  

It's Monday, and I'm going over to look at Judy L.'s Patchwork Time's blog to see what everyone else is working on.  (Here)   I've also joined Bloglovin' and if you are using it, see the sidebar of this blog if you want to add me.  I am trying to keep up with lists and links and other net tricks, and hopefully I'm learning.  I'm having fun anyway, and that's the main thing, right?  Have a good week fellow quilters!



12 comments:

Janet O. said...

Congrats on such a landmark anniversary! We celebrate #35 this Thursday.
Your little quilt looks so vintage already. You have done an marvelous job of recreating it!

Debra @ Life is a Stitch said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!!! And I'm lovin' your little quilt - such tiny piecing!

Julierose said...

I just love that Repro Doll Quilt--the colors are awesome! Happy 50th--you beat me we will be celebrating out 48th this September...hugs, Julierose

Sandy said...

Happy Anniversary, and congratulations! What a lovely couple you were - and I'm sure still are. I, too, am heartily enjoying the progress of your little quilt. Was it hard to find fabrics that "matched" ? and where did you find the original quilt? I'd love to do something like that... "some day" ...

Miriam said...

Congratualtions on your 50th wedding anniversary!!

Love how your quilt is coming along.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! 50 years is a beautiful thing :). And your little quilt is coming along nicely as well!

Jocelyn said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!! We will celebrate #40 next month :-)

Sandra said...

Congratulations. Not many reach that milestone anymore.

Jeanne said...

Congratulations, Judy! You must have been two when you married. We will celebrate 45 years in August.

jjthor said...

I love your pictures but I think the best one of all is the one of you both getting married!! I hope you have many many more wonderful years... Congrats!!!

The Civil War Quilter said...

Happy Anniversary! Glad to hear the glow has not worn off the lovin' too!

TLC said...

Hi Judy, Congratulations on 50 years of marriage! DH and I celebrated 28 years on June 15! I enjoyed your post on "Love Entwined" and the approaching train! DEEP BREATHS here. ;-)