Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Vacation - Much needed!


I'm flying to St. Louis MO today for some R&R with friends, and a trip to Paducah to see the quilt show there.  Can't wait!

My take with project is one that my friend Sharyn started, and I am reworking it with a new background and some of my fabrics added.  It's called Birds of a Feather by Blackbird Designs, and has been out for a few years.  Here are some pictures of some of the blocks from my design wall.

The red fabric squares are the colors I think I'm using for the birds in the last picture.  It has been fun to play with what Sharyn started with and then tweak it.

I hope you have some fun planned this week too!  I'm linking up with Judy L's design wall Mondays even though I'm a little late.  I like to see what everyone else is working on.  Hope you do too.  Design Wall Mondays











4 comments:

Janet O. said...

Sounds like good times ahead for you, Judy.
Don't know if you will have a chance to see this, since you are flying out, but your photos will not load for me, no matter what I try. I'd love to see them sometime. : )

traditional_quilter said...

Pics didn't show up for me either. Enjoy your trip! Sounds like fun!

Mary Ellen said...

No pics.

LuAnn said...

I love those blocks. I think that is about the only Blackbird Design book that I don't have. Love the fabrics you've pulled. Have a great time at Paducah!