Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

There's No Place Like Home

Hi friends,

I have been away again - caring for my sister in Michigan for the last week.  I'm back home again as of today, and am happy to be back by my sewing machine.  No sewing was done for the past week, but a lot was accomplished, and progress was made in my sister's care.  

While gone, I took a big ball of yarn with me, and here is how far I got with it:  It's to be a baby blanket for an infant - a donation project.
























No quilt work will be done today though - I'm too tired, and also I am such a basketball fan, especially for Big Ten college teams, that I'm resting so I can stay up and watch two of their teams play in the NCAA Sweet 16 later tonight.  I'm rooting for Michigan State University against Duke, and the University of Michigan against Kansas.  So tonight it's basketball, and knitting during half-times.

I did a little work on the applique Birds of a Feather before I left, and am auditioning some red/yellow print fabric for the four flowers in the corners.  What do you think?



6 comments:

Janet O. said...

I have NCAA on as well, but my machine is where I can sew as I watch/listen.
Beautiful block--I like the flower fabric.

antique quilter said...

oh I love the flower fabric ! great choice adds interest to the block.
good luck staying up to watch the games, I love college basketball too
Kathie

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

We are all about the basketball here also! You will have to check the second back blog post on my blog! A funny post about our traveling during the tournament! Www.hallbrookdesigns.blogspot.com. I like the yellow you chose! It looks just right. I made that quilt in red, purple, brown and green...an experiment to brighten up a room, yet keep it country. I love it! You will love yours too. You can't go wrong with that beautiful quilt!

Lakegaldonna said...

Sadly, I did not get the sports gene....
I do like the fabric you chose for the four flowers, it sparks the block.
Welcome back home!

Lori said...

Welcome home! What a lovely knitted blanket.
Love your applique block too and the fabric choice looks great to me!

Michelle said...

I like the red in the corners! It adds more texture.