Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

Turning an Ooops into a Pillowcase

Has this ever happened to you?

While making the Mountain Trails quiltalong from Lori's blog (http://humblequilts.blogspot.com), I had the blocks on my design wall behind my sewing machine.  After transporting them from the design wall to the machine to sew them together, I found I was two blocks short, and thinking I'd not made enough blocks, I made two more.  This was while working on two other quilts that day.  I'm the kind of quilter that likes to have several projects going at once.

Much later, I found two blocks that had fallen from the design wall to the floor.  Ahah!  I had made enough blocks in the first place.  Of course this was after the quilt was all quilted and bound.  Oh well, what to do with two little blocks....throw them away, I guess.   But they are so cute!  What could I make out of two blocks?  What about a pillowcase?

Here's the results:











And here's the happy little doll, in bed with her new pillowcase and doll quilt:



I'll show my Mountain Trails quilt, which I've named Straight Furrows, when Lori does her big reveal of all the little quilts.  Hope you are having a great day in your quilt room.

9 comments:

Kindred Quilts said...

How very cute! Love the red plaid border and binding! What a happy little doll!

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Your oooooop's is cute as can be!! I think miss dollie thinks so too!!

Carolyn :)

Janet said...

what a darling pillowcase! Great idea! I can't wait for Lori's link up so we can see everyone else's Mountain Trails.

Anonymous said...

adorable!

Betty Lou said...

Dolly looks pretty snug in her little bed with her new pillow. Good use of found leftovers.

One Minnesota Quilter said...

Very cute! :)

Judy

antique quilter said...

ok this is just adorable, great way to use up the blocks
pincushion would work too and oh a mug rug. or just make more and make two quitls :) LOL
I love that red plaid fabric perfect for the border
Kathie

Leah Rubin said...

Love this! Another great one!

Lori said...

Loosing two blocks sounds like a trick that I would do! lol Love the matching pillowcase!