Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Plain and Simple is Best





After looking at my books, and looking at vintage quilts online, I decided not to add any borders to the postage stamp quilt.  Simplicity is best.  I did add more thirties fabrics from my stash  - I added one more column and one more row and it finishes at 14.5 by 16 inches, with 110 squares.  Each square is 1.5 inches and it is machine pieced and machine quilted.




Back of my doll quilt


Front of my doll quilt







These are 2 vintage postage stamp quilts that are for sale at auction houses.

5 comments:

One Minnesota Quilter said...

Looks great! Your little carriage with the quilt, doll and stuffed animal is cute.
Judy

Leah Rubin said...

It's perfect-- I concur with your decision!

Mary said...

I love the yellow binding. It's perfect!

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Great job, adorable---- so is the buggy!

:) Carolyn

Iris said...

so lovely!